Do you have a Netgear device like a router or WiFi extender? You should create a MyNetgear account. But is it important to create this account and if yes then how to create one? Looking for answers to these queries? Well, if you are nodding right now then this post will be helpful to you. We will tell you why and how a Netgear account helps you and also tell you about exact steps to create an account. Let’s get started.
Why Create a MyNetgear Account?
Netgear manufactures different networking products like WiFi routers, Wireless range extenders, modems, mesh systems, network switches etc. To manage all of the Netgear products, you need an account. This account helps you get security and firmware updates for your device. You can post on Netgear community to get assistance using the same account. You will also begin receiving emails and notifications related to your products.
All you ought to do is create an account and register your product. As soon as the registration completes, you begin getting updates and notifications.
Let us now help you create a MyNetgear account.
How to Create a MyNetgear Account?
Before we tell you the steps to create this account, let us make it clear that this account is entirely different from the admin account. The admin account details are used to log in to your specific Netgear product like a router or WiFi extender to go to its settings. You can manage and monitor your particular device and its network from there.
To log in you use the default IP. Each networking device is assigned an IP address. For instance, some routers use 10.0.0.1 admin IP. A Netgear router uses 192.168.1.1 as default IP. You use this IP to log in to the router and go to its settings.
Also, MyNetgear account credentials are separate from the WiFi credentials. The WiFi login details are used to connect to the router or extender WiFi
Coming back to the topic, let us create a MyNetgear account for you. Use the steps highlighted ahead:
- Boot up your laptop or computer and connect it to a stable internet.
- Type my.netgear.com on a browser that’s running on the latest version.
- Click on Create an account option.
- Enter email address twice.
- Type the other details like first name, last name, password etc.
- Select the Country from the drop-down.
- Next, select the checkbox and accept terms and conditions.
- Click Next once you are done with this.
- A two-step verification page will come to view. This is an added layer of security.
- If you want this then select Yes, Enable or else select No Thanks.
- If you choose to enable 2-step verification, then enter your contact number in the given field.
- Type the verification code that you received on the same phone number to verify.
- Once you are done, click Finish.
You have created a Netgear account. You can now register your Netgear products to the account so that you can make the most out of it.
Wrapping Things Up
This is all about how to create a MyNetgear account using the web URL my.netgear.com on a computer or laptop. You can register your Netgear products individually or if you have Netgear business products then you can also bulk register all the products at once. You need to use the serial numbers of the products to add them to the account. We are hoping that we have provided you with sufficient information regarding MyNetgear account creation. With this hope, we are putting a full stop to this helpful post.