For those of you in eCommerce, you’ve definitely heard of search engine optimization, or SEO, even if you don’t know what it is at a granular, fundamental level.
Basically, SEO is a collection of practices that make your website more attractive to search engines.
Most digital marketing experts still consider it the most viable marketing channel in 2024 (even about social media and influencer marketing) in terms of ROI.
So, let’s talk about basically every single benefit an eCommerce SEO agency can help deliver:
● Custom eCommerce SEO services can Increase organic impressions, clicks, and traffic, bringing your whole website greater visibility and more engagement, which Google likes to see.
● Diminished reliance on paid eCommerce marketing channels, like pay-per-click (PPC). An astonishing number of online shoppers will ignore paid ads, outright, making it imperative for your website to have a strong organic presence.
● Since it builds organic visibility, it improves brand awareness for eCommerce websites.
● An eCommerce SEO strategy will support other digital marketing channels like content marketing and social media marketing.
● It can be used to capture leads which can then be used for other digital marketing initiatives like email marketing and remarketing.
● It is quantifiable, despite what you might think (you can track organic performance through Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools). You can track what visits and sales came from (or even originated as) organic leads.
● SEO benefits a website’s user experience.
● Search engine optimization builds credibility and experience in an industry/vertical.
● SEO can improve public relations. All of that extra brand visibility is like free PR to begin with.
● SEO is considered to deliver the highest ROI of all digital marketing channels
● Since SEO improves the user experience, it can positively impact conversion rates as well.
● It helps produce a competitive advantage. Many users ignore paid ads; the better your website ranks in the organic search results, the more it will be trusted.
● SEO improves the navigability of a website through improved searchability and internal link structure.
● To optimize a website, speed and site security must also be improved. This also helps significantly improve user experience (UX).
● An optimized website will have fewer technical errors than one that is not.
● It is extremely scalable: even though it takes a long time for efforts to bear fruit, the results build on themselves. Once a website has “good” SEO, it’s easy to come into ranking for new, competitive search terms.
● The bottom line: increased organic sales over the long-term.
If it sounds too good to be true, it isn’t, but there are just a few things you need to know about SEO.
One is that it can take a long time. Depending on the condition of the website, the industry in which it operates, and its domain authority at the outset of an SEO campaign, it can take six months to a year (sometimes more) for SEO to start delivering a sizable return.
The other is that a lot of success in SEO hinges on selecting the right keywords, which are associated with a user’s intent to purchase.
All the same, it is an excellent digital marketing channel and delivers a high return when properly implemented.
Get Started Working with a Proven eCommerce SEO Agency
Thinking about getting started working with an eCommerce SEO Agency?
Make sure you choose one that has many years of experience in the industry. That way you know you’ll be working with one that has been around through several Google Core Updates and knows how to navigate them. An agency that has been around a while also probably understands black hat SEO well and knows how to avoid it.
Beyond that, start reading reviews and customer experiences and get to it.